These rules pertain to ALL categories.
- No turbo/autofire
- No extra key binds (i.e. having multiple shoot buttons)
- 2 Shift keys, so 2 jump button binds is OK
- No 'E+N+D' or 'K'
Anything OK in Warpless is OK
Anything OK in Glitchless is OK
Hard Mode LeaderboardsEdit
|2||??:??||Stinkycheeseone||YouTube||||17:50 game time. No idea how that translates to real time because there's missing footage.|
|1||29:44||TenShots||Bad run. Bad category.|
Timing amongst runners generally starts when the player hits New Game and ends on the final hit of The Guy. Of course, for SDA (Speed Demos Archive) submissions, timing would end at the final cherry because by their rules the run ends after the player's final input.
Note that the in-game timer for IWBTG is extremely inaccurate and should never be used to represent your official time.
- Right-click IWBTG -> Properties -> Compatibility Tab -> Run in Windows 98 Mode -> Run as Administrator
- There are 4 spots in the game where it is guaranteed to crash upon hitting 'R' (reset) even with the above fix. Fortunately there is a workaround thanks to Fate (formerly known as Kiyomi_) on Twitch! Hit F2 for New Game and reload your save file to avoid them.
- Save -> F2 -> Reload Save File
- Do this on the Save Points following:
- The Mecha Birdo fight
- Dr. Wily, 2 screens over, where the drones shoot at you
- Mother Brain's red orb (same screen as above)
- The first save on the cart ride to The Guy's Fortress
Optimally, you should just hit F2 instead of "R" upon death following these screens.
Controller use or keyboard remapping (using something like AutoHotKey) is highly recommended unless you're fine playing with the default controls.
IWBTG itself doesn't save button configurations. Every time you hit F2 for New Game (see Avoiding Crashes, above) or have to re-open the game from a crash (though this shouldn't happen), you will need to reconfigure them and this ends up costing a lot of time.